No matter how careful we are, someone is bound to be involved in a car accident. The key to making the auto claims process as painless as possible is keeping a level head and knowing what to do at the scene of the accident. Please print the Vehicle Accident Report (pdf) to assist you in the gathering of car accident information. The following information should help guide you through this process.
- Determine if anyone is injured and get the appropriate help if needed.
- Get names, addresses, phone numbers, makes of vehicles and license number of all other vehicles involved, passengers and witnesses.
- Obtain other driver’s insurance information including company, policy number and agent’s name and phone number.
- Do not admit fault!!!
- Call the police.
- Be sure to examine the damage to other vehicles prior to leaving the scene.
- Call Alvarado Pacific Insurance with the facts.
It is important to remember that it is your responsibility to complete the proper notification to the State of California in the event of an auto accident if the damage to property exceeds $750.00 for all damages and/or if there is ANY bodily injury involved. Download here the “SR 1” (pdf) form for your convenience. Be sure to keep a copy of this form before mailing it off to the State of California. If you need any assistance in completing this form, please go to the “contact us” section of this website to reach one of our friendly representatives.