Alvarado Pacific Insurance Services, Inc.
Purpose of this Notice
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and the laws of the State of California generally prohibit us from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a third party unless we provide you with this notice of our privacy policies and practices. In compliance with the GLBA and California law, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Alvarado Pacific Insurance Services, Inc.
Our Privacy Policies and Practice
- Information we collect: Categories of Information Collected and Sources From Which We Collect It. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information that you provide us on applications and other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us from the insurance companies we contact to underwrite your insurance.
- Information we receive from the Department of Motor Vehicles or other consumer reporting agencies.
- Information contained in medical records or from medical professionals that is related to insurance claims.
- Information we may disclose to third parties: We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to third parties whose only use of the information is to market a product or service. However, in the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information we collect about you or others without your permission to the following types of institutions for the reasons described below:
- To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us.
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction.
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency for either this agency or the entity to whom we disclose the information to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you.
- To a medical care institution or medical professional in order to verify coverage or benefits, inform you of a medical problem of which you may not be aware, or conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment.
- To the California Department of Insurance or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities.
- To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services.
- Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security: We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- Your right to access your personal information: You have the right to obtain access to certain items of information we have collected about you, and you have the further right to request correction of information if you feel it is inaccurate. To access this information please contact in writing: Alvarado Pacific Insurance Services, Inc. at 7777 Alvarado Rd., Suite #605, La Mesa, CA 91942.